The current pandemic has impacted our way of life in a number of different ways. As a result it is normal to feel stressed, anxious or just overwhelmed. Governments have instructed people to stay at home to help flatten the curve and to practice good hygiene such as washing your hands.
It is very important to social distance however it may cause loneliness and other mental health issues. As a result it is important to not forget about your health, seek health and to not forget about your regular doctor visits.
Here are a couple tips to stay healthy.
- Stay active
Staying active can be just going for a walk, gardening or even cleaning your home. Or consider trying new hobbies like yoga, meditation. Having a daily routine is important to keep you stay active, strong and healthy during self-isolation. It also releases endorphins and make you feel good.
- Have a healthy and balanced diet
Keeping a healthy diet may help boost your immune system to help fight the disease. Include lots of fruits and vegetables, healthy fats, whole grain and healthy protein in your daily diet. Don’t forget to keep yourself hydrated throughout the day with lots of water and avoid taking in too much caffeine from coffee or black tea. And don’t have too much junk food or snack.
- Stay connected
This current challenging time can present some free time and opportunity to reconnect with your loved ones and friends. You can also learn how to use exciting web technology like skype/zoom to keep in touch. If you use Facebook, use Messenger to chat or play games with your friends. Take the time to write a letter to your best friend that you haven’t connected in years. It is important to stay connected with your friends and family.
- Don’t forgot about your health
Just because of social distancing and other regulations it is very important to continue to go to your doctor for your regular check ups. Most doctors and medical centres have policies in place to make sure you are safe such as compulsory wearing of masks and regular cleaning.
Austral Family Medical Centre in Sydney Australia is implementing strict guidelines to make sure all patients are safe. These include:
- Hand sanitizer on entry
- Face masks must be used by everybody for more protection. In fact, the rate on passing COVID19 from one person to another will drop to less than 1.5 percent if masks were worn.
- If you have any cough, runny nose or fever, please call 📞the clinic before coming so the staff can guide/assist you with the required process.
- All staff will be wearing masks
- All beds will be sanitised and facial pillow will have medical grade protective shield.
- All staff will have Covid infection safety course.
I hope you follow our tips and stay healthy out there!