In the realm of SEO, there are very few things that remain static for long. SEO techniques keep evolving to keep pace with changing search engine algorithms and user needs. For an SEO company that wants to stay at the top of the game, taking note of industry trends and adapting accordingly is a prerequisite. The importance of link building in SEO results exists, but its benefits can’t be reaped fully unless technical SEO aspects are taken care of first.
Understanding the Importance of Focusing on Technical SEO
For any professional digital media agency offering SEO services, it is necessary to understand the importance of technical SEO. Before getting into link building, the numerous technical SEO aspects must be handled properly. Even if a site has quality backlinks, it won’t perform well when the technical SEO areas are weak.
When technical SEO is implemented well in a site, it:
- Gets crawled by search engines easily,
- Runs well on all platforms,
- Renders smoothly on both mobile and PCs, and
- Tackles the misconfigured Google Analytics code easily.
Ways to Tackle Technical SEO Aspects Properly
For any digital advertising agency that offers SEO packages for its clients, handling technical SEO aspects properly is vital. Listed below are some effective ways to tweak technical SEO on websites.
- HTTPS Secure Implementation – Many businesses operating online have switched over to HTTPS to provide a safer environment. It is necessary to check if you have done a secure certificate installation. A surface-level audit is necessary to know if the transition to HTTPS was flawless or not.
- Testing HTTP and HTTPS – If you have both HTTP and HTTPS versions of your site loading simultaneously, something is wrong. It can lead to duplicate content issues. If you are using a WP site, use a plug-in to resolve such redirect issues. There are plug-ins like Easy HTTPS Redirection and CM HTTPS Pro that you can use.
- Too Many Redirects or Errant Redirects – In some cases, HTTPS secure implementation can be done while retaining the errant redirects. This is something you need to analyze thoroughly. Unless you are careful, you may end up creating conflicting redirects. If there are too many errant redirects in a site, it affects site performance.
- Eliminating 404s – Not only do the site users get annoyed with a 404 error, it does not earn your site good marks in the eyes of Google. It makes crawling your site harder for the bots. So, when you make the switchover to HTTPS, be sure to get rid of those 404 pages.
- Complex URLs – From the technical SEO perspective, the site URL should not be complex to read. The web users click on the URLs when they find and match what they are looking for, logically.
- Other Factors – There are some other important factors in technical SEO that should be handled before you get into link building. These include cross-platform compatibility and quick page rendering. These issues are often linked to poor coding and inadequate site management. No web user wants to wait forever when the page is loading or likes to see a page showing up abysmally in his/her browser.
If you are looking for an SEO company that offers expert digital advertising, look no further than Hughes Media, Inc. Contact us at 404-848-0487 to consult with an SEO expert.