Car accidents are, unfortunately, not uncommon in Australia. In 2017 alone, quite 1,200 deaths resulting from vehicle accidents were recorded within the country, and almost 400 of those incidents happened in New South Wales. Needless to mention, it’s important for car drivers, motorcycle riders, and pedestrians to require all necessary precautions to make sure their safety while on the road.
A person who gets involved in either minor or major road accident thanks to the fault of a drink driver is exposed to sort of injuries. These injuries may force them to require a leave of absence from work or worse be paralyzed. Here are a number of the foremost common injuries one could get from a car accident:
• Minor scratches and bruises
• Severe cuts
• Facial lacerations
• Broken ribs
• Broken arms and shoulders
• Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
• Spinal cord injury (SCI)
• Internal bleeding
1. Call the authorities and therefore the emergency department immediately – Whether the injuries sustained are minor or major, you ought to call the emergency to possess yourself and your passengers medically assessed. You ought to remember that some injuries may appear minor but they might cause life-threatening like internal bleeding so it’s important to possess yourself checked and treated.
2. Exchange contact, insurance, and private information with the opposite driver – If the accident involves you and another driver, one among the primary belongings you should do is to secure the opposite driver’s name, address, contact number, and insurance firm name. This step is vital because it’ll make your claim much easier.
3. Tell what happened to the authorities – If you probably did not sustain major injuries, it’s recommended to attend for the authorities to reach the accident scene. When the cops arrive, disclose all information associated with the case. It’s also a requirement take photos of the scene so you’ll easily explain yourself to the officers. The authorities will write a report about the incident, which you’ll use to prove your claim.
4. Get names and get in touch with number of witnesses – If there are people who witnessed the accident, get their names and get in touch with number. These individuals can assist you in justify your claim before the insurance firm and therefore the court if the case goes into the legal battle. These are the people that will assist you prove yourself if the opposite party tries to save lots of himself from the liabilities; their testimonies will help your Penrith law firms make sure you which will receive rightful compensations for the injuries and financial losses you sustain thanks to the accident.
5. Contact a Penrith lawyer – Claiming for compensations for a car accident is not any easy feat. You would like to travel undergo several processes which may cost you some time, money, and energy. So it’s highly recommended that you simply contact Penrith law firms who concentrate on handling car accident cases. There are many reputable law firms in Penrith, so finding one which will handle your case should worry you.
Getting involved during a car accident in Penrith isn’t only nerve-racking but also can be life-threatening. Practice defensive driving, concentrate to the road, follow all traffic rules, don’t drink and drive, don’t use your smartphone while driving, and don’t drive while sleepy.
Penrith may be a wonderful place but you can’t be too sure. There are times when despite all of your efforts to be a responsible driver you’ll still be involved in an accident thanks to another person’s negligence. So if you ever get caught in an accident caused by another driver, just follow the ideas above and you’ll haven’t any problem regaining back your life.